Friday, November 1, 2013

Month 4 with Chemo

Let me start off by stating I'm incredibly lucky and blessed!

My treatment is so light compared to other breast cancer patients....

August 2012 I was noticing something was off so to the doctor I go.  We did the typical mamo and ultrasound, we saw something small...no big deal...had a small biopsy...Whoop there it is!

We caught the cancer so early and due to other health issues (brain lesions and migraines) we decided to do small radiation to shrink it down even more then maybe do an easy lumpectomy to remove it.  Plan worked except for my blood markers by spring still did not move down...no mass but my blood is still showing something is there.  So July we started a trial program of small dose chemo, oral, weekly for long term and to eliminate the pre-cancer cells in the breast and cervix....18 months!

Ok it's thankfully not like your typical chemo....so far I still have my hair, I don't get violently ill and I can work (kind of), however it does make you feel constantly weak, sick and your system can pick up any little virus.

So today marks the end of my 4th month of treatment.  We have had some up's and downs, life changes, lots of stress but over all I have been holding up!

The only thing that is frustrating is the time missed from work and not having the ability to give my all to work, life and everyday living.  Discussions with the Dr. include blood work, decrease my stress level and lack of financial assistance.  Unfortunately I don't have short/long term disability insurance and to get one now there would be a preexisting conditional hold on coverage...and the federal government does not honor disability for a case like mine...it was denied.

So on to month 5 trying to keep stress to a minimum, moved in with the parents so we can save some money and trying to find ways to honor my work...even thought daily its a struggle just to get out of bed.  Apologies to all my friends and co-workers for dropping off the face of the earth the past 4 months, but I just don't have the energy to give any extra...it can only go up from here!  So forward we go taking it one day at a time...thanks everyone for your love, prayers and encouragement...I am truley blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment